Support to Implementation of National Qualification Framework in Azerbaijan
“Support to Implementation of National Qualification Framework in Azerbaijan” project is funded by the European Union to assist the Ministry of Education of the Republic of Azerbaijan through the provision of technical assistance.The 30-months project with a budget of 2 675 665 EUR is implemented by GOPA Worldwide Cosultants as lead consultancy company in a consortium with British Council (BC), European Project Management Ltd (EPM) and SEFT Consulting.
The main objective of the project is to enhance the quality and relevance of the education and training system in Azerbaijan supporting economic diversification, creating opportunities for lifelong learning, and fulfilling the Education Development Strategy in line with European and international best practice.
The project will support the following specific objectives:
- To ensure effective implementation of NQF;
- To introduce relevant education standards in pilot sectors;
- To ensure education standards support competency-based education provision;
- To improve access to lifelong learning through flexible provision, alternative progression pathways and recognition of prior learning;
- To improve assessment and QA of assessment and certification processes;
- To provide effective information and guidance for employers/sectors, providers and learners to use the NQF.
The project reflects some general views to make national qualification systems easier to understand for learners, employers and providers, to build public trust in qualifications, to provide standards for qualification types, to support lifelong learning articulation through recognition of prior learning, etc.