Introduction of relevant education standards in pilot sectors
Under Component 2, the focus will be on the review/development of three types of documents critical to the development of labour-market relevant qualifications which are compliant with legislative and regulatory requirements.
- State Education Standards (SES) which govern education in Azerbaijan at agreed Levels. This includes initial VET qualifications, sub-Bachelor’s qualifications, Bachelor’s qualifications, basic medical Higher Education qualifications, Master’s and postgraduate medical education (residency) qualifications, as well as relevant qualifications of further education
- Occupational Standards, particularly for the sectors identified as priority for the development of Learning Programmes; and
- Qualification Standards, deriving from the Occupational Standards of the priority sectors identified.
Key deliverables include:
- Occupational mapping of 3 out of the 8 priority sectors completed and 24 occupations divided over levels 3-7 of the NQF selected for testing;
- Guidelines for developing education standards from occupational standards developed;
- At least 12 standard developers trained and guidance materials developed;
- State Educational Standards for 24 occupations over levels 3-7 of the NQF with a structure for a learning-outcome-based approach revised and agreed with the Beneficiary.
The Activities to be undertaken are as follows.
|| Review existing modernised State Educational Standards for related profiles, adapt the existing structure of state educational standards in order to introduce a competency or learning outcome based approach, agree the new structure with the Beneficiary, and validate and agree the revised state education standards with stakeholders
|| Develop guidance materials for the development of state educational standards from occupational standards
|| Develop Occupational maps for 3 out of the 8 priority sectors based on strategic roadmaps completed and select 24 occupations (8 for each sector) for testing divided over different NQF levels
|| Train 12 standard developers and develop at least 24 state education standards for priority sectors covering levels 3-7 of the NQF based on the selected occupations